Poughkeepsie, New York
Opportunity to work with the regional operation of a dynamic growing company in segments of the United States economy that are growing, providing the next generation of innovation and are an important part of the future of our country. The Regional Loss Prevention Manager will complete compliance audits, deliver safety trainings, and determine if risks meet “Best Practice” guidelines. It requires detailed review of risks, hands on safety training and program development. The goal is to identify and assess risks, effectively implement safety programs to reduce losses on prospective and existing risks. In addition open and clear communication must be maintained with underwriting, claims, broker services and agents. Claims field investigation and sight review for initial claim assessment. Oversee extended environmental cleanups with the ability to manage remediation vendors, contractors, and other vendors. In addition, this role is responsible to drive the Mobile Training Center, train our insured’s drivers in a wide variety of driving experiences using a full-vehicle simulator.
Primary Job Responsibilities
Secondary Job Responsibilities: (consists of but are not limited to)
- Conduct detailed compliance audits on prospective risks.
- Manage application of Mobile Training simulators, trucks, trailers, and equipment.
- Develop and present various training programs regarding all areas of coverage, including general liability, automobile, workers compensation.
- Provide specific recommendations to improve desirability of prospective risks.
- Return completed reports promptly and within company guidelines.
- Communicate prospective risk issue or concerns and non-compliance with “best practices”
- Conduct field investigation of loss claims for industry related claims.
- Oversee job sites to verify company expected results are achieved.
- Write reports for claims promptly and within company guidelines.
- This position requires approximately 50% travel.
- Follow-up on recommendations with risks.
- Ensure that all workflows, procedures, departmental manuals and standards are being adhered too.
- Act as a resource for all departments with regard to loss prevention and risk management. Provide support to regional sales manager.
- Constantly communicate with interrelated departments and agents to insure open communication and cohesiveness.
- Timely and accurate development of all management and productivity reports.
The following entails the details regarding the company vehicle/truck Regional Safety Managers are required to dive.
- Must be able to meet the medical requirements under FMCSA regulation § 391.41: Physical qualifications for drivers.
- Must physically drive the driving simulator vehicle for training purposes
- Must be detailed oriented and have good analytical and decision making initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of NFPA, NPGA, DOT and OSHA regulations.
- Applicants must hold a valid claims adjuster license in their home state, or have the ability to obtain said license.
- Must be proficient with computers and Microsoft products. Previous experience with ImageRight and Sagitta preferred.
- Prior experience in fuel distribution, oil and gas exploration, fleet operations, and/or agricultural risk preferred.
- Four years of experience is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree and Loss Prevention, Risk Management, or Claim designations are preferred.
Chevrolet 3500 dually – 8,260 lbs (actual weight)
- Enclosed Gooseneck Trailer: 11’ H 8’6” W 32’2” L Approximately 10,000 lbs
- Combined weight of truck and trailer: 18,220 lbs.
Chevrolet 1500 – Max GVWR 7200 lbs
- Tailgate Trailer : 6’x12’ enclosed Trailer 3,000 GVWR